Thursday, June 30, 2011

Neil is Learning Phonics!!

My wild little 14 month old boy already knows 7 of his letter sounds! He doesn't know any of his letters yet but he is already learning their sounds thanks to Jennifer and a LeapFrog dvd we started Camden on.  Camden has all but 3 or 4 down already and we have been working with her at different times during the day.  A couple of weeks ago I asked her what sound the letter K makes and before she could even answer Neil (who was sitting in the corner playing with blocks) said the sound perfectly!  I thought at first it was just a concidence but after asking him several more I was suprised to find he actually knew them! Kids really are sponges and have the ability to learn things really quick. I am really blessed to get to be apart of all of these new developments in their childhood and would not have it any other way.

looks like my dirty little man is paying more attention that I thought

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Neil is Learning Phonics!!

My wild little 14 month old boy already knows 7 of his letter sounds! He doesn't know any of his letters yet but he is already learning their sounds thanks to Jennifer and a LeapFrog dvd we started Camden on.  Camden has all but 3 or 4 down already and we have been working with her at different times during the day.  A couple of weeks ago I asked her what sound the letter K makes and before she could even answer Neil (who was sitting in the corner playing with blocks) said the sound perfectly!  I thought at first it was just a concidence but after asking him several more I was suprised to find he actually knew them! Kids really are sponges and have the ability to learn things really quick. I am really blessed to get to be apart of all of these new developments in their childhood and would not have it any other way.

looks like my dirty little man is paying more attention that I thought

No comments:

Post a Comment